- The Department of Nanoscience and Technology has been renamed as the Graduate School of Nanoscience and Technology.
- The Department of Nanoscience and Technology offered an integrated M.S./Ph.D. program.
- The Department of Biological Sciences was removed from the College of Natural Sciences.
- The Department of Mathematics (Mathematics and Applied Mathematics) changed the name to the Department of Mathematical Sciences.
- Reorganized as College of Natural Sciences
- Comprised of five departments
Physics, biological sciences, mathematics (mathematics major), mathematics (applied mathematics major), chemistry
- Comprised of four departments
Physics, biological sciences (biological engineering, life sciences), mathematics, chemistry
- Comprised of five schools
Six departments including physics, life sciences, biology, mathematics, chemistry, and humanities
- Comprised of 14 departments, one major, and four research divisions following abolishment of the Matrix System
Department of Physics, Department of Applied Mathematics, Department of Chemistry, Department of Biological Engineering Chemistry research, physics/electronics research, chemistry/polymer research Comprised of five associations including the natural sciences association
- First round of reorganization; divided into science division and engineering division
Science division comprised of Department of Physics, Department of Biological Engineering, Department of Applied Mathematics, and Department of Chemistry
- Korea Institute of Science and Technology (KIST) merged with Korea Advanced Institute of Science
Department of Chemistry, Department of Mathematics and Physics
- Established master’s/doctoral program (Second five—year plan of Korea Advanced Institute of Science: 1977~1981)
Department of Mathematics and Physics divided into Department of Computer Science and Department of Mathematics and Physics Department of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering divided into Department of Chemistry and Department of Chemical Engineering
- Selected freshmen for Department of Mathematics and Physics, and Department of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering