Research Technical Research Personnel
Technical Research Personnel
The technical research personnel system is a form of alternative military service that enables companies (research institutes) designated by the commissioner of the Military Manpower Administration to utilize research personnel for the advancement of science and technology in Korea.
Requirements: A master’s or doctoral student in science/engineering who has participated in academic research for 36 months
- Military Service Act ｢Law No. 13425 (Enforced 1/25/2015)｣
- Enforcement Decree of the Military Service Act ｢Presidential Decree No. 26551 (Enforced 9/28/2015)｣
- Enforcement Rule of the Military Service Act ｢Ministry of National Defense Order No. 862 (Enforced 7/1/2015.)｣
- Regulations on Management of Technical Research Personnel and Skilled Industry Personnel ｢Military Manpower Administration Order No. 1257 (Enforced 5/19/2015)｣
- Article 4 of KAIST Guidelines on Management of Technical Research Personnel
Transfer of technical research personnel
The head of a designated company shall recommend candidates meeting the transfer requirements as technical research personnel from among employees and submit the required forms to the head of the regional office of the Military Manpower Administration.
Requirements for transfer
- A master’s degree holder or higher (including completion of an integrated master’s/doctoral program) who is working at a designated research institute
- A bachelor’s degree holder in natural sciences who is working at a designated research institute and has been summoned as social service personnel
Visit electronic personnel management system Click